Monday, January 02, 2006

New Tradition---Make-A-Difference Mondays!

Aloha!

In appreciation for the abundance in my life, and I hope in yours, I am instituting a weekly spotlight on a charitable organization making a difference in our world. I'll shift the focus from local groups to those working on a national or international level. I will contribute the first ten percent of all earnings from this blog, and related activities, to the spotlighted organization on the following Monday, and invite you to contribute as well.

This week I'd like to spotlight a group I heard about on the radio as we drove through Charlottesville, VA last month. The Santa Fund provides children in the Charlottesville, Virginia area with necessities such as shoes, school supplies and winter coats. All contributions go directly to meeting the needs of these students, so that they are able to learn comfortably in school. Operational expenses are covered by corporate sponsors The Daily Progress, and WINA radio. The Daily Progress.com even had an article on the group in today's edition! Read article

If you'd like to contribute, the following information is provided in that article:

Santa Fund envelopes are available at most area bank branches and at the offices of The Daily Progress, at 685 W. Rio Road in Albemarle County, and WINA, at 1140 Rose Hill Drive in Charlottesville.

Please mail all contributions to Santa Fund, 806 E. High St., Charlottesville, VA 22902.

I invite you to contribute to the lives of these Appalachian children, or others closer to where you live. Let's light up their lives with just a small portion of our abundant wealth!

I'll be back with another post tomorrow. I welcome your suggestions for other organizations to spotlight on future Mondays.

Go Gratitude!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home