Thursday, December 15, 2005

Fears and Truths

I had the opportunity to attend a teleconference put on by Divapreneur Leesa Barnes last Tuesday evening. I filled more than a page of notes, but what really sticks out for me is an exercise we did in identifying some fears that are holding us back from achieving success in our businesses, and then rewriting the script that our minds play back to us.

I did the exercise first during the call, and then in more depth in my journal yesterday. The interesting piece that I want to share with you was the sense, as I wrote the responses to the fears, that the response was more true than the fear.

As an example, one fear I identified during the call was that building my business to be "highly successful" will complicate my life and interfere with the most important relationships in my life. (And, with my business focused on relationship coaching, that seems quite hypocritical!)

Rewritten to Truth:
The most important and positive relationships in my life are enhanced by my excitement and the energy that builds as my success grows. Another benefit of my success is the wonderful new relationships that are blossoming with my success. My success is also an excellent example for my children (and others) of living into my potential and shining my light in the world.

I invite you to consider your own goals and dreams. What's holding you back? Identify, write down and then rewrite your fears. I wrote my truth in the present tense for a very specific reason-I keep reading that the subconscious mind has no sense of time. Say what you want to have happen as though it already is happening, and your mind will work to make the external match the internal. (Also a reason why fears hold you back.) (Who was it who coined the acronym FEAR=False Evidence Appearing Real?)

Feel free to post your own fear & truth pairs, or even just the truth.

Aloha!

PS-Leesa's goal is to help 10,000 women become their own boss by 2010. If you are a woman looking for a business coach to help you get started, check out her website. )(And I won't mind if you tell her I sent you. I don't get anything from it, but I'd like her to know that I appreciate her Ryze network!) Leesa's website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home