Friday, November 25, 2005

Finding Happiness

I've been considering a question posed by a fellow Ryze networker. . .how do you find happiness?

I know that I am much happier in my life than a was even a few years ago. Part of this I attribute to rewriting my "life story". I've stopped identifying victim interpretations, and look for interpretations that empower me and others around me. Blame, of myself or others, weakens my ability to take action in my life. Accepting responsibility, and looking for links between behaviors and situations (positive or negative), empowers me to create what lights me up.

Appreciation and expressing gratitude for what I do have certainly helps. A serious bout of Lyme disease in 2002-2003 gifted me with a realigned sense of priorities, and a significant appreciation for simple things like being able to walk without pain, and being able to enjoy the sunshine.

Balance in my life, and time to stop and watch the breezes blow through the ferns, also contribute to an overall sense of well-being and happiness.

How do I find happiness? Expect it! (And appreciate it!)

Aloha,

Mary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home