Monday, February 13, 2006

It's painting time!

I'm just taking a bit of a break from prepping the room for painting. In spite of spending much of yesterday shoveling snow and bucking the neighbor's tree that fell in the road & across their driveway, James finished mudding our room. That makes it my project now. (James sands & muds. Mary paints.)

Today is the prep & prime day, around shuttling Samuel to & from his drum lesson. I started cleaning up the mud drips and sanding dust, so that I can tape the edges of the floor and lay down paper. I'll get two coats of primer onto the walls around chauffeuring and dinner. I'm hoping I'll also manage to get the ceiling painted this afternoon/evening. That way the paint will be dry enough to tape off the edges of the ceiling in the morning, and I can easily get the color coats on the wall tomorrow before my student shows up for tutoring. I might even manage to start on the trim. Wednesday I'll finish painting and scrub the wood floors, while the room is essentially empty.

James laughed when I said we'd have this done, and our furniture back in our room by Friday. That sounds like a challenge to me. But at least he's stopped trying to bring me in to a more "realistic" view of the time required. We're making progress. My time frames are getting ore realistic by the project, and we're both getting better at our parts of the task, so each project gets done faster. And we're really enjoying the improvements we're making.

(And I didn't intend for having the room finished to mean that I'd figured out what to do with dressing the windows, and gotten that finished!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home