Tuesday, January 17, 2006

so, they do listen occasionally. . .

Eliza has been bouncing around exuberantly since she got a call last night from the Rotary club. It looks like she'll be leaving sometime this summer to spend her senior year of high school in Croatia.

People have been asking me how I can handle this, or how I handled Tori's recent month alone in Spain. How do I send, or allow, my teenaged daughters to travel internationally?

How could I not? I have raised them with the motto that they could do or have or be anything they wanted if they were willing to work for it, pay the price, and believe it was theirs to be made real. I'm certainly not going to stand in their way now that they've taken me at my word!

I am so proud of the effort Eliza has put into making contact with the Rotary club, researching the countries, participating in the selection process, getting involved on the Rotary exchange message board, and keeping her grades up as she carries a heavy academic load in preparation for this trip. I am delighted with her enthusiasm and energy. I appreciate her delight!

What do you want to create in your life??? Dream big!

Aloha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home