Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Personal responsibility

Have I mentioned that this 100% commitment thing can be inconvenient at times? I was starting to drift off to sleep after a busy day of schooling, chauffeuring, scout uniform preparation and court of honor, painting the hallway, etc. Suddenly. . ."AHK! I haven't blogged yet today!" And I was wide awake!

James and I were chatting about tomorrow's trip to see Les Miserables with Samuel, at the National Theater. I was thinking about what I would wear, and how dressy I'll go, since I don't often dress up these days.

James asked, "Am I letting you down by not providing more opportunities to dress up?"

"If it's important to me, it's my responsibility to make it happen for myself!" was more than just reassurance for him. I realized that I feel very strongly about that. It's not that I would mind if he offered more trips to the symphony or theater. I do enjoy "high culture" activities, as well as international popular culture events (like the Chinese youth acrobatic team that will be here next weekend!). It's just that I do not feel or believe it is anyone else's responsibility to make such events happen.

If something is important to me, it is my responsibility to make it happen, attract it into my life, or invite it to become reality.

Fortunately, I am continually experiencing the abundance of a life lived in simplicity and gratitude. And I am definitely blessed!

In gratitude and aloha,
Mary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home