Saturday, January 14, 2006

Excited about Life?

Just got back from an hour at the community college, supporting Eliza in registering for her first college classes. She's a junior in high school! I suppose I should appreciate she's waited this long. Samuel is planning on talking his way into architecture classes BEFORE his sixteenth birthday!

It really is delightful having children who are motivated and determined. And they express their appreciation for the support we give them.

Along those lines, I went to look up the requirements for the Environmental Science merit badge last night, but Samuel had grabbed all of his Scout stuff and taken it with him to his dad's house for the weekend. It's great to see him excited about taking on excellence. I think I've mentioned before that Samuel's work style requires intense involvement to trigger enthusiasm for projects. What delights me most is how he is beginning to take on creating that level of involvement for himself-in kung fu, drums, and now Scouts.

I tend to work that way myself. The trick is being able to structure my life as an adult to allow me to serially focus on my projects/responsibilities in meaningful chunks, so that I create momentum before I lose interest. I'll be writing more about this as I continue to develop those strategies. One thing I am working on now is clearing out the old projects, so that they're not holding me back.

Today's project-wander through your house, and make a list of those projects, tasks and "problem areas" that are holding you back or draining your energy. That's it. You don't have to do anything about them, just get the list going.

Aloha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home