Thursday, February 09, 2006

Back to Disarray!

It has been wonderful having a week without home improvement clutter in the livingroom. I really enjoyed it.

But it is Thursday, after all. And if we want to have a chance of finishing our bedroom before next weekend, when we have the house full of teenagers (with two who are close enough to pretend they are teens-twenty days until their birthday), then we really have to get started.

I started by moving books off the bookcase before James got home from work, and finished putting them back on the bookcase in the new location after my students left. We moved most of the furniture out of the way this evening. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to bleach and scrub the exterior walls tomorrow. There hasn't been enough air circulation behind the large pieces of furniture, and they are discolored. I wish I'd gotten the rice hull insulation project figured out before we started on this. It would be a whole lot easier to get everything done at once, but it would make it difficult to finish in the week we have to do this segment.
And where would I store the rest of the rice hulls for the other walls????

I AM looking forward to having our bedroom looking clean and bright, as the rooms we've finished do. Having moved the furniture out, I'm trying to figure out how to keep the open feeling once we move things back in. (Calling the clutter-busters!)

Eliza's team won the Mock Trial again today, this time by intimidation. (The Prosecuting team forfeited.)

I guess that's the news for the day, and I feel like I'm babbling, so I'll just say good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home