Monday, January 30, 2006

Touring Colleges

Long day! Eliza and I left just after seven this morning, and didn't get home until after 7 this evening. We drove up to Haverford, PA to tour Haverford College, and then over to Swarthmore. Both are very small liberal arts colleges with a Quaker background, but no longer affiliated with the Quakers (except that Swarthmore library maintains a Friends Historical Library). I did go through four locked gates, deep into the library basement, to see how and where the records I will submit from my Monthly Meeting will be stored.

Eliza's prime consideration in looking at schools seems to be the strength of their study abroad programs. She doesn't seem to consider a year in Hungary enough of overseas living. Oh well.

I got home, expecting to run Samuel over to kung fu, but he is over at the community college with Tori. She seems to have convinced him to audition for the perceptive young man in "The Emperor's New Clothes". We'll see what comes of that. . .

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger becster said...

We are so proud of Liza......There goes my nanny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home