Saturday, February 11, 2006

Cousins found!

A few weeks ago, Mimi mentioned that she'd had a letter from Papaw Creech's nephew's son, and said she'd send me his address when she ran across his letter again. This afternoon I was talking to Mom, and she mentioned that she'd made email contact with Doug, and he lives in Pennsylvania, and she remembered that Doug is his middle name. She said she'd forward their correspondence to me this evening.

Having some time on my hands, since we're beginning to get the forecast "snow event", and James being busy mudding our bedroom, I applied myself to a bit of internet sleuthing. . .Success! One Robert D. C. lives in D-town, PA, so I figured it was worth a shot. Over two hours later, we've had a marvelous chat, and have made plans to get together in two weeks, when I am up in PA with Liza's Rotary overnight trip. The challenging part of our Creech genealogy is the abundance of John Creeches in our line. Our common ancestor is one John W. (?) Creech, son of Hezekiah (of "peas taste. . ." and firecracker fame). Hezekiah's brother, father and grandfather were ALL named John, as well as a few cousins & uncles.

I have done very little with genealogy in the last eight or ten years, but am really looking forward to getting together with Doug and his wife. I'm also looking at a trip to Florida to talk genealogy with Mimi and Mom.

Isn't family fun! Anyone interested in a Creech reunion???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home