Monday, January 21, 2008

More project pictures

I've been busy working on more projects! (James is making comments about how productive I get when I'm avoiding things. Whatever paper could he be referring to??? Certainly not the divorce and mental health paper I have hanging around. I deliberately choose not to work on that one when the family's home!)
This is the skirt I made for Tori, out of the remainder of the fabric from her Ball dress. There are 16 panels, so it's almost a circle, or a circle and a half!, skirt. It should twirl nicely when she's dancing.

I hope she'll enjoy dancing in this skirt! And if she doesn't, Miriam has already registered an intention to borrow it, so I'm sure she'll be glad to take it off Tori's hands.

We had a lovely time dancing with her and the twins at the contra dance at Glen Echo on Friday night. Miriam's knee was bothering her a bit, so she didn't dance as much as the rest of us did, but Samuel and James and I had a blast! Our friend, Steve Hickman, was one of the band members, and when Steve's on fiddle the music's always fantastic!
Here are the six zabuton pillows I got covered on Saturday afternoon, before we ran over to Columbia to hang out with Lee & Jon and their kids. I do so enjoy having family (by blood or by choice!) nearby, and being able to be a part of their lives as the kids grow up! It's hard to believe the twins are almost six. I remember when they were tiny and we propped them up with their giant teddy bears and took a picture of all the twins together! Now even baby Daniel's almost two, and the twins are reading!

Here's a picture of Miriam wearing the new lounge pants I made for her after I finished the skirt and before I changed to the navy thread to make the zabuton covers and our curtains. I have another pair of pants to make for her, and a pair for James, and several for Samuel- who is growing like a weed and needs comfy pants to sleep in.














I made the blue curtains for our bedroom yesterday, and then got to tease James because he hadn't obtained the cup hooks to hold the tiebacks by the time the curtains were finished, and he'd had a whole week's notice. He said something about my not usually finishing a project that quickly, but I must be mistaken! . . .Okay, so how long ago did I finish the red bedding set for the library (since back in the time when Kyle was visiting regularly!), and have had the fabric for the curtain sitting around since then. But I got that finished this afternoon too!

The curtains did a wonderful job of darkening our room, and kept it warmer, too!

The red curtains in the library will block the streetlight and let our guests sleep without hanging a towel in the window!
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Mama Lisa said...

Mary,

We'd love to have you come and avoid your paper at our house!! Very impressive...the amount of things you've cranked out...very impressive! It's nice to be productive when you're avoiding something...it makes it hard for anyone to accuse you of procrastinating -- unless you happen to be married to a man who knows you too well!! I suffer from the same productive / procrastination affliction.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Mary said...

There are very few disadvantages to being married to a men who know and love us so well, but this might be one! I'm glad you and my brother found each other!

I'll be down at your house this week, unless I somehow manage a trip to Hawaii to avoid the paper (although if I don't have it done by then, I'll have to take it with me!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home