Sunday, September 02, 2007

How do I get myself into these situations???


Having once lived through five-year-old twins, one would think I'd have the sense not to repeat the experience, but no!

James and I are exhausted but enjoying having my "sister's" kids while she and her husband are enjoying a music festival in Vegas. (Sister is in quotes because we're family by choice, dating back to high school at least. I did live with them for several months in my early college years, and was acknowledged as one of the girls by both parents-with varying degrees of enthusiasm.) The twins, Noe & Gil, are five and a half, and enjoying kindergarten. Daniel is four years younger, and quite a handful! And they all like to talk! (Really makes us appreciate having teenagers!)

I suppose the shirts Mom packed for them should have given me a clue as to what we were in for: Gil's is a Hawaiian-themed "Here Comes Trouble". Daniel's reads "Monkey See-Monkey Do-Monkey get in trouble too". Noe left her matching shirt at home, but Gil really wanted her to put it on for the picture! Noe's line of the week seems to be, "He always does (pronounced dues) that sometimes." Daniel's favorite word is "Uh-oh!"

We're definitely ready for bedtime when 8 o'clock rolls around! Fortunately, they have inherited the family interest in books, and we can usually carve out a bit of calm with a stack of new books.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home