Tuesday, February 20, 2007

We are experiencing technical difficulties. . .

Or, "What do you mean you're having trouble completing your application? The system sends the instructions the day after you submit the first part. . ." Followed by, "I'll pass this on to ____ (my secretary/tech support/our programmers/. . .)."

So, is this challenge an indication that I'm headed in the wrong direction, or my last hurdle to prove my "worthiness" to re-enter the "hallowed halls of academia"?

I keep getting emails listing the parts of my application that are still missing. I'm resorting to the old-fashioned way and having people submit my recommendation letters on PAPER! (AAACCKK! How 20th Century!) The department already has my grad school transcript from my first Master's degree (Leadership in Teaching), and my GRE scores are on the way.

I actually had fun taking the GRE tests last week, especially when my unofficial scores came up at the end-Verbal 700, Quantitative 800!

The department chair told me they'd only be accepting stellar candidates by March. I think I qualify as stellar-if (and only if!) I can get these silly pieces past the technical blockade!

Along the lines of enjoying a mental challenge, Samuel's Valentines' present from his dad and stepmother was a new book of number puzzles. . .kakuro! For those of you who enjoy sudoku, this is another step up in difficulty. For an idea of what it's like, try this. The daily puzzles are less complex than the ones printed in Samuel's book, so we're enjoying a real challenge. (I copied several out of the book, and have worked to get ahead of him, because "racing" took some of the fun out of the game.) James chuckles at me talking my way through the logic, and I get to chuckle when Samuel does the same on his puzzle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home