Monday, May 01, 2006

More herb notes

Just a quick note, since I have been accused of blogging novels. . .

The Herb Hill looks marvelous! James finished mulching things in with wood chips. I was out when my neighbor Melissa came home, so I ran over to say hello, invited her over to see our progress, and followed her home to clip some sage for rooting. I now have eight pieces of purple-tinged sage rooting in the diningroom window, soon to be transplanted onto the hill.

Where can I find some more varieties of sage? We have five varieties of mint, five of thyme, and soon five of basil. Seems that we ought to have come up with five of sage, just for consistency. James is posting a Wanted listing on freecycle.

Melissa also had some cultivation advice for my lavender growing-mulch with rocks rather than wood chips, and feed them with lime water. Wonder what that's going to do to the other inhabitants of Mt Leahi???

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm I see redundancy all over again...

You must be really proud of your sage rootings.
Dad K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home